Wednesday, July 2, 2014

​Crafting a Meaningful Life

In all our humanness, I think we occasionally find ourselves asking, "Does my life have meaning?". Sometimes routine can pull us into ruts where we feel entirely unremarkable and struggle to find meaning in what we do. If you ever begin asking the same question, may I suggest an inspiring role mode? 

Maya Angelou was born during the start of the Great Depression. Her childhood was far from glamorous or easy and she faced countless tragedies, but she managed to ultimately have a life of victory and accomplishment. Among many other things, she was a writer, actress, and civil rights activist. Read more about her example of creativity, generosity, and resilience here
Photo via.

Here are a few words of wisdom from the inspiring Maya Angelou:

In all my work, I try to say, 'You may be given a load of sour lemons, why not try to make a dozen lemon meringue pies?'

My life has been long, and believing that life loves the liver of it, I have dared to try many things, sometimes trembling, but daring still.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

I'm convinced of this: Good done anywhere is good done everywhere. For a change, start by speaking to people rather than walking by them like they're stones that don't matter. As long as you're breathing, it's never too late to do some good.

Kayla Geddes

Much good is being done at Logan River Academy

No comments:

Post a Comment